Julia's Curriculum Vitae
Julia is a native Russian speaker who was born and educated in Russia.
studying English in school at the age of ten and graduated with honors
Ural State Pedagogical University in Yekaterinburg, Russia having
majored in teaching English as a second language. In 1999 she
immigrated to the United States and has been working as a translator
and interpreter since 2000. Currently Julia lives with her husband in
Julia possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and a
solid understanding of the English and Russian languages. She also
understands the differences in American and Russian cultures and always
differences in mind when interpreting or translating. As a
professional, Julia maintains the
highest standards. She constantly improves her translation techniques,
terminology, and subject knowledge by attending various workshops and doing independent
research. Most importantly,
translation is Julia's true love and passion, and she takes great pride
in what she does.
- B.A., honors, 1999: The Ural State Pedagogical University, Faculty of Foreign
Languages, Yekaterinburg, Russia:
- Majored in English, Linguistics, Teaching English as a Foreign Language;
- Minored in German;
- Completed special 2 year program "Theory and Practice of
Translating" including Technical Translation, Medical Terminology,
Business English, Engineering, Computers.
- High School Diploma, honors, 1995: The City of Novouralsk Gymnasium, Novouralsk,Russia.
- Program in General Insurance, studying for AINS designation, American Institute for CPCU, Malvern PA, 2010 - present;
- Medical Billing Course, Portland Adult Education, Portland ME, 2010;
- The Professional Medical Transcription Program, School of Allied Health, Professional Career Development Institute, Norcross GA, 2007;
- Medical Interpreter Training, LANA, United Way, Portland ME 2006-2007;
- Legal Interpreting Workshop: Interpreting in Domestic Violence Cases, RISInterpret and Pine Tree Legal Assistance, Inc., Portland Maine, 2004;
- Basic Court System Training related to the Roles of Interpreters, RISInterpret and Pine Tree Legal Assisance, Inc., Portland Maine, 2003;
- "Train the Trainer" (How to Work Effectively with Interpreters), Southern Maine
Technical College, South Portland Maine, 2001;
- Basic Medical Terminology for Language Interpreters, RISInterpret and Portland Adult Education, Portland Maine, 2001;
- Standards, Methodology and Techniques of Professional Interpreting and Translating,
RISInterpret, Portland Maine, 2001.
- November 2006 - Present: on-call English/Russian Translator and Interpreter, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine;
- October 2000 - Present: on-call English/Russian Translator and Interpreter, RISInterpret,
Catholic Charities Maine, Portland, Maine:
- Interpreting for Russian speaking clients as needed;
- Translating of various documents primarily from English into Russian;
- Proofreading and editing of translations performed by other translators.